Ask yourself these questions:
- Why am I forming this small group?
- What are my noticings of the group members from their assessments?
- What do all members of the group need to advance forward?
- What will I choose to focus on first? Next?
- What will I use as my key prompts to achieve mastery of the focus?
Again, no matter if you are grouping students by instructional levels, strategies needed or skills needed you need to make your plan of attack direct. Set your timeline & then make plans to move forward.
We are just starting these conversations in my building & it can be tough. It really makes teachers think. We are going to use this organizer to help us drive our instruction in small groups.
Click HERE to download your FREE form!
You can find various prompts to use in your Guided Reading groups to target specific reading behaviors, skills or strategies from the following "GURU's":
- Jan Richardson
- Fountas & Pinnell
- Marie Clay
Hope you find this form helpful when targeting specific instructional goals!