Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My IKEA Book Boxes Get a Makeover!

Hey Friends! It's Kristen from Loving Teaching Inspiring! Today is my first day with my new firsties!! I'm sure I will be all kinds of exhausted when I get home tonight!!!

Well I don't know about you but these book boxes from Really Good Stuff are on my "Dream List"!!!


However I just can't afford those beauties just yet. Instead I buy the 5 pack of white cardboard boxes from IKEA...they are only $1.99! 

I must admit they don't hold up very well with a bunch of 5 & 6 year olds using them everyday. I decided to sturdy them up with some heavy duty Ducktape!


This is quite the process but I gotta say it works! They last all year and with only a few minor trips to the duck tape hospital from those rough handlers. Wanna test it out? You totally should!

First you will need to gather the supplies:
* Two packages of duck tape
* Packing Tape
* Cute Labels
* Scissors
* IKEA Book Boxes


Make sure you buy a solid color of duck tape if you only want to buy two rolls. The cute patterned kind would probably need 4-5 rolls and cause a HUGE headache to line up the patterns. I'm a little OCD but the first step is admitting right??

Next it's time to find a comfy seat and get to work...maybe in front of your favorite Netflix show! OITNB anyone??? 

Step 1: Place one strip of duck tape along the bottom left of the book box.


Step 2: Place a second strip along the bottom right of the book box.


Step 3: Wrap a piece of duck tape around the bottom leaving a small layover. 


Step 4: Fold down the overlapping pieces to adhere to the bottom of the box.


Step 5: Wrap one more piece of duck tape around the top portion of the book box.


Step 6: Add your cute label with packing tape.


Step 7: Repeat 19 times (like me) or start an assembly line!!

There you have it! Heavy duty box boxes without the BIG price tag! How do you save money in your classroom?


3 comments:

  1. SMart idea! I love using the IKEA boxes but they do get torn up. I'm definitely going to try your idea. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are reckoned as one of the best manufacturer and supplier of corrugated boxes in India. We are a well-known organization that is engaged in Corrugated Boxes wholesale, manufacturers and suppliers. Our offered corrugated boxes are praised in the markets. All our products are widely acclaimed for their distinctive features like durability, strong built & heat resistant.
    Corrugated Boxes Manufacturers,
    Corrugated Rolls Suppliers,
    Master Cartons Manufacturers,
    Mono Cartons Suppliers,
    Corrugated Boxes Suppliers,
    Partition Boxes Suppliers,
    Heavy Duty Boxes Suppliers,
    Die Cut Boxes Manufacturers.
    We are a well-known organization that is engaged in Corrugated Boxes and Corrugated Rolls wholesale, manufacturers and suppliers. Our offered corrugated boxes are praised in the markets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love this. Where did you find the cute number labels?! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete