Friday, April 3, 2015

Periscope 101-A Live Event!

Hey there! It's Megan from A New Box of Crayons here!



I hope you are all having an amazing week! 

I am here today to share a very exciting idea with all of you!!! SO GET EXCITED!!!


For the past month I have been exploring the new app's Periscope and Meerkat.  For those of you that don't know, these app's allow users to stream live from their phone and interact with followers/viewers over Twitter! Sounds crazy, right?!


click image to go to App store

(For those of you that are still wanting to understand more about this "live streaming" app 


Well, over my Spring break I decided to try a live stream with Meerkat. I showed viewers my friends 5th grade classroom and had a blast! Granted, there were only 9 people that watched, but it was still a lot of fun.  This spontaneous adventure sparked an idea...what if I hosted a live stream of my classroom and allowed my followers to ask questions while in my room?!?! How cool would that be?! 

Sidetone: Now...I explored Meerkat and I found that it would freeze and there was a large delay in the viewers being able to comment. I decided to explore Periscope and I found the layout was much easier to use and there were less delays and almost no freezing! WOOHOO! 


SOO....CHECK IT OUT!! 



I am so excited to be able to talk with you LIVE and show you my classroom! 

Here is what you need to do....


1) Download Periscope on your iPhone, Android phone or device

2) Follow me on Twitter....when I go live the link will be posted to Twitter!

3) Let me know what you would like to see! Fill out this quick Google form prior to the broadcast!

4) Tune in and have some fun!!! You will be able to ask questions during the broadcast as well! 




The sky is the limit, folks! I hope you will join me in exploring my classroom LIVE! 

I hope to see you Tuesday, April 7th 5:30 CENTRAL TIME!! 


Thanks for stoppin' by!







No comments:

Post a Comment