Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's Never Too Early to be Thankful!



Hello Primary Pack Fans!

I'm Jennifer from

STORIES AND SONGS IN SECOND

back  to share my second post on this colorful and collaborative blog! Today I'm writing about how to help your students give thanks for the special things and people in their lives

I know...you are probably thinking....

"DOESN'T SHE KNOW THAT WE HAVE NOT EVEN CELEBRATED HALLOWEEN YET?" 

I do know....   

I know that the big day is only 5 days away and my second graders are bouncing off the walls.  I know that our days together are H.A.R.D. because of it.  I also know that I have been coming home from school a just a LITTLE bit grouchy and a WHOLE LOT of tired as a result, and in order to get myself out from under the grumbling spell the holiday hype sometimes casts upon me, I have had to force myself to be reflective.  I've had to push the piles of papers to grade, lessons to plan, progress reports to finish, and intervention charts to complete aside. 

I have had to just stop, sit down, grab a Post-it note, and make a list of all the things that I am grateful for so that I can go forth into the next day with new resolve! 

Three of my most recent lists follow....























As I was making these David Letterman-like lists of TOP TEN THINGS AND PEOPLE I AM GRATEFUL FOR, the little idea for a literacy pack popped into my head!  My student teacher is planning a huge Thanksgiving unit for the middle of November, and I wanted to integrate writing with her social studies lessons.  What better way to help my students connect their current world to what happened in history than to compare what we appreciate today with what the Pilgrims and Native Americans appreciated long ago?  And so, this little resource was born!





A few sample pages follow, and you can find the complete FREEBIE in my TpT store
{HERE}! 








Consider it my way of expressing my gratitude for 
YOU!  If you like it, be sure to check out another November resource I updated and blogged about yesterday {HERE}!

As I prepare to
celebrate my one-year anniversary as a 
teacher-blogger and TpT seller, know that I 
feel extremely blessed and lucky because of 
it each and every day!

Watch for news of the celebratory giveaway I will be
hosting toward the middle of November via my 
or on  

Until then, continue to share your story, keep smiling, make wishes, and teach your children well!  I would LOVE it if you'd leave a short list of things, people, or animals you are thankful for in the comments below!  We here at 
The Primary Pack appreciate hearing from our readers!

May this song that I used to sing in my church folk group way back in 1974 remind you to appreciate the little things that make life worthwhile!









Stay colorful!  Be grateful!


2 comments:

  1. Jennifer- I am thankful for you!! A great post and great idea. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Laura! I am grateful for you as well!
      ~Jennifer

      Delete