Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How to make PARENT CONFERENCES more manageable and less stressful!


 It's that time of the year when things are getting CRAZY!  We've got Red Ribbon Week, Halloween, my formal assessment, and a ton of Professional Development.  We have a ton of district assessments for the next two weeks because our trimester is ending and you know what that means...REPORT CARDS and PARENT CONFERENCES.  Oh my!  I use to really dread conference time.  It wasn't that I didn't have friendly parents, but it felt like a a lot of pressure and sometimes I feel that I'm not good enough or have no clue what I'm doing.  Can you relate?  In my head, I'm wondering what the friendly faces sitting across the table from me are thinking. I found that it's best to be as prepared as possible.  Since I've implemented this system, the anxiety on both sides has come down quite a bit.

Want to learn more about it?  Head over to Easy Teaching Tools to learn about making parent conferences more manageable.

19 comments:

  1. We are having our parent teacher conference meetings next week!

    Cherie
    Fluttering through the Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks great! Thanks so much...we have conferences next Thursday so this would be great to put to use. kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a first year teacher, this would be SO amazing to have. I'm so nervous for conferences and this would really help me stay organized and confident. chelseafh10@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel nervous before conferences and this would be a big help! I like how it gives parents options, gives you a heads up of what parents are thinking with the at home questionnaire, pulls out the data to be compared with where they should be (as opposed to showing the raw data on a sheet and trying to explain it like I usually do), AND a more official looking observation page. What an awesome pack! mhouston@ufl.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Mary, it makes it a lot easier for parents to understand!

      Delete
  5. this would make life easier!!! lorinademello@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ideas Kristen! I'm definitely going to look into Sign Up Genius. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us:)
    Take care, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be great, I do not look forward to conferences especially this year when we have a new (and not so good) curriculum. Stephb38429@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a very anxious teacher when it comes to parent conferences...and mine are the week of Thanksgiving. Your tips and sample pages here sound and look so helpful. I think I will make some positive changes. Thank you! ~kathy. ThePaperPumpkin@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop. I literally just learned about this website this morning!! Then I read more about it here! Love it!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Kristen
    Loving teaching nspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny! Play around with the website, you'll love it!

      Delete
  10. Our conferences start next week and your forms would be a lifesaver. I like your positive reminder notes and your forms would help me to be better organized for my conferences!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope these will help you with organization, check your e mail!

      Delete
  11. Perfect for this time of year!! Thank you so much!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an interesting one and I should add it to my collection. You did a great job! This must be a popular blog. Thank you for sharing this informative article. The following articles discuss How to improve your AIM. See my latest post Improve Your AIM about this.

    ReplyDelete