Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Countdown To Winter Break!

Teaching in December is one of my all time favorites. I love how excited the kids are about everything that happens in December- from Polar Express Day (that we coincidentally had today, so please excuse the clear exhaustion coming in this post) to seeing the Christmas tree up in our classroom to Holiday Book Exchange (see more on that here), to the notoriously naughty elf to the reason of this post-- the countdown to winter break!

Over Thanksgiving break, I posted these new Countdown to Winter Break cards to my TPT store and everyone went nuts for them- a response I wasn't quite prepared for! Besides being adorable, being a teacher favorite and class favorites, they're F-R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E. Sing the praises ladies and gentlemen because I said FREE.

So, today I wanted to share some pictures of them in action. My kids have been so excited to see where our elf, Cocoa, is and what card he is going to leave them for the day.




I've also been lucky enough to have some people post some awesome pictures of their elves with the cards too! 

Photo courtesy of @friendlyteacher on Instagram

Photo courtesy of @livelovelearnwithmisskriss on Instagram


Photo courtesy of one of my bloggy besties Amber at @asmilingteacher on Instagram




If you want to join the fun, you can download the cards by clicking on the picture below!



And, because today was Polar Express Day, I want to share how amazing our hallway looked. We were lucky enough to get some parents volunteers to help us turn our hallway into this beautiful winter wonderland extravaganza! The pictures don't really do it justice, but don't you love how festive it is? And look at that train! Someone's parent actually made that. Like with his own bare hands. He's a wood worker. Not that I really understand what that means... I'm assuming it means he works with wood.



And, here's my awesome pajamas for Polar Express Day from Target. They were a hit, I tell you.


Thanks for reading! Happy Holidays to youuuuu!!!


1 comment: