Thursday, October 29, 2015

I'm thankful for politics, difficult parents, assessments, and more. Find out why!

Every year since I was in high school, I turned crummy things around and made them positive every year when Thanksgiving rolled around.  You know, I'm thankful for the farthest parking spot because it means I'm healthy to walk sort of thing.  

When I started blogging a few years ago at Easy Teaching Tools, I used the same mentality and applied to to teaching here and here.  Sometimes, it's so easy to get caught up in the negative parts of teaching.  You know, the politics, the bullying, all of the assessments, tough parents...the list can go on and on.  










I challenge  you to write down one crummy thing and spin it around into a positive.  I'll choose one lucky teacher winner who will get this thankful turkey craft that you can use in your classroom to teach your students about being thankful.

5 comments:

  1. Some of your ideas really made me giggle. I could go to town with these since I am going through a particularly rough stretch, but I will try to keep from going overboard.

    I'm thankful that we a) can't leave campus and b) have such a short lunch period that I am not tempted to go get some unhealthy fast food for lunch and instead bring a healthy lunch from home. tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I think the rude emails might be my favorite. Love your positive spin on whatever teaching throws you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for the 4 ridiculously long papers I've had to submit this semester to earn my teaching degree because it proves my dedication to this career.

    ReplyDelete