Sunday, June 21, 2015

Donuts for Dads

Hey y'all! Happy Father's Day to any dads out there!  It's Kourtney blogging from Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners.

This was my first year doing Muffins for Moms in my room, but I wanted to take some time to honor my dads also this year, so I decided to do donuts for dads also!

Being that it was the end of the year and I had a lot of expenses as it was, I ended up using a different picture and making coasters for my dads as well.  We wrapped them in tissue paper and put them in white lunch bags. I printed tie clip art and the students cut them out and glued them to the front. We attached a label that said "Happy Father's Day! Love, ____"


(This is an example of one I used for Mother's Day - My Father's Day ones had a picture of them standing against a wall.  Who can't use a coaster though??)  You take a simple bathroom tile, add a layer of Mod Podge, add a 4x4 picture, add a layer of Mod Podge, let it dry and repeat about 2 more times.  One the bottom you can add sticky felt or sticky foam.

On the day of Donuts for Dads, I picked up Donuts from Krispy Kreme.  I used a card I had to get 2 dozen for free, so I only had to pay for 2 dozen.  I had already gotten apple juice from Sam's Club and had it chilled.

We covered our tables with navy blue bulletin board paper.  My awesome assistant made bow ties with tissue paper and used green masking tape in the middle and attached them to white lunch bags stuffed with bulletin board paper and then we used button stickers to make them look like shirts for our center pieces.  She die cut the letters for dad to complete our table decorations.



We placed all the presents and cards out ahead of time so that when the dads came in, they could open their present and look at their card with their child.  We called each table of students to serve their dad first and then themselves.

After all the tables had finished eating, we handed out questionnaires the students had filled out and let them read their answers to their dads which everyone seemed to enjoy.  We let the students stretch spell all their answers which was especially cute.






The dads really enjoyed being recognized and they deserved to enjoy a day like the moms!

If you haven't done Donuts for Dads before, give it a shot next year!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment