Saturday, May 2, 2015

Emmy Mac's Summer Reading List

Hi Everyone! It's Emily from Emmy Mac's Class!

I don't know about you, at this point in the year I've been starting to feel a little unmotivated. I've had student teachers for the last nine weeks, which is great but very demanding. I've been feeling like I was in desperate need of a break.

That was the way I felt until Friday! I was lucky enough to be able to go to what our board called a Learning Carousel. Basically, we were able to pick four different presentation put on by teachers from our district. It was great to see what local teachers are doing in their classrooms. It was so motivating! One of the great things that I took away from this amazing day is a great list of resources that I can't wait to read this summer and try to implement in September.

 No More "I'm Done!" This book is on the top of reading list! I might not even wait until the summer to read this book. This book is all about building independent writers. It guides teachers through setting up writer's workshop and contains a year's worth of mini lessons. I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

I already own this book but have not gotten around to reading it yet. Although this books says its for grades 4 and up, it can be easily adapted to the primary grades.

Inquiring Minds Learn to Read and Write has over 50 problem-based literacy and learning strategies that help promote enthusiasm for reading and writing, Through inquiry it builds student choice and student voice.

Making Thinking Visible is about exactly what it says Making Thinking Visible. The book doesn't contain minilessons but includes strategies, questions, and students samples as well as a DVD with visible thinking in practice!


Alright, so I might be aiming high, but I can give it a try.

What is on your summer reading list? I'd love to know if you have any great books that you would recommend.

Thanks for stopping by! See you next month!


1 comment:

  1. I am looking for a pre-school book study book. We just finished Literacy Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete